Youth Ambassadors of Hope
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Youth Ambassadors of Hope (YAH), is a sub-chapter of CHILD International with the mission of engaging our youth to become empowered, and innovative through an active role in community service work. YAH assists its members, between the ages of 12 and 25, in becoming global leaders in social and humanitarian services. Members are responsible for various activities and fundraising programs that provide resources to the people we serve.
- In March 2013, the YAH group held a successful bake sale in south Orange County. The funds raised were used to provide Norooz Eidy (Iranian New Year’s gifts) to children sponsored in Orange County and Turkey.
- YAH members raised over $1,200 to donate towards the medical costs of a 6-year-old Afghani boy, Mahsoon. Mahsoon, a burn victim from an accidental fire, was unable to speak or eat properly and was seeking treatment in the US.
- In June 2014, YAH organized “OC’s Got Talent” in which children of all ages performed in a talent show, raising over $12,000 for Khalida Kashmeer. Khalida, a 14-year-old girl from Afghanistan had been living with Neurofibromatosis Type 1 for her entire life. The money raised through our fundraiser went towards her surgery in July to remove the tumor on her face.
- YAH continues to have different projects such as, YAH Fun Run which was a run fundraiser for Stand Up For Kids raising money for homeless kids and teens in Orange County.
- YAH has delivered food to Mary’s Kitchen which helped feed hundreds of people in need.
- OC’s Got Talent 2018 event is coming up April 29th at 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM @UCI Crystal Cove Auditorium to raise fund and awareness for a 4 year old girl with a rare genetic disorder called BPAN. For Tickets please go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ocs-got-talent-tickets-43855382630?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=esfb&utm-source=fb&utm-term=listing
For Donation to this cause please go to: