Child International Youth Club
ABOUT THE PROJECT
CHILD International Youth Club's mission is to engage our youth become empowered and innovative through an active role in community service work. CHILD International Youth Club assists its members between the ages of 12 to adulthood in becoming global leaders in social and humanitarian services. Members are responsible for various activities and fundraising programs that provide resources to the people we serve.
If you are interested to join our club,
please contact Haleh Bayat via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In March 2013, the CHILD International Youth Club held a successful bake sale in south Orange County. The funds raised were used to provide Norooz Eidy (Iranian New Year’s gifts) to children sponsored in Orange County and Turkey.
- CHILD International Youth Club members raised over $1,200 to donate towards the medical costs of a 6-year-old Afghani boy, Mahsoon. Mahsoon, a burn victim from an accidental fire, was unable to speak or eat properly and was seeking treatment in the US.
- In June 2014, CHILD International Youth Club organized “OC’s Got Talent” in which children of all ages performed in a talent show, raising over $12,000 for Khalida Kashmeer. Khalida, a 14-year-old girl from Afghanistan had been living with Neurofibromatosis Type 1 for her entire life. The money raised through our fundraiser went towards her surgery in July to remove the tumor on her face.
- CHILD International Youth Club continues to have different projects such as, Fun Run which was a run fundraiser for Stand Up For Kids raising money for homeless kids and teens in Orange County.
- CHILD International Youth Club has delivered food to Mary’s Kitchen which helped feed hundreds of people in need.
- OC’s Got Talent 2018 @UCI Crystal Cove Auditorium has raised $27,000 fund for a 4 year old girl with a rare genetic disorder called BPAN. Google has generously donated close to $100,000 to this family
- CHILD International Youth Club has events on a regular basis, we meet once a month and generally have an event once a month, our youth group consists of mostly smart engaging high schoolers and middle schoolers, we also welcome young college students to help and mentor our younger ones. It's a great program to get involved in and lasting friendships.
- Please visit CHILD International Youth Club Facebook Page for more detailed updates and news: https://www.facebook.com/ChildInternationalYouthClub/